Meet and make friends with Africans across the world on Afroterminal.

Dating after 40

Any tips on dating for those in the 40s. it seems most people in this age gap find it difficult to date.
Personally i find it hard, we are living in a society where people are so fake you cant even tell whats the real deal so the easiest way out is to remain single. As a Christian Saved i thought it would be easy but you cant tell if a brother is genuine but there is comfort in knowing God and sometimes you bypass that relationship coz you find it so cumbersome to keep trying every tom dick n harry. If people would only be real and honest it would be easy. I thought that at 40 men or women will have become mature and they know what they want in a woman but that is way asking for too much. Am trusting on God now for the right man so am enjoying His peace.
Nowadays ite really hard to date while the society has changed and most people are changed too, we are all mature but every one has his only way to communicate with others, so to discover their mind and spirit it took much time
so hope we can one day talking with each other without our indiference or fear
I think there is a communication gap. As Matured man and woman, we should learn to talk or share with each other how we want to be treated and what we feel for each other.
well, people at the age of forty are usually controlling and the know it all'
I ask they try loosen it a little' try being easy to relate to... thats if you are the man, be more attentive to the need of your lady and if you are the lady, try being more humble.
Sometimes it can be strange in this stage to find that person' but if you are ready be ready to make yourself available and not show the pity me face''' the lady's especially do.
You've raised some good points, Elizabeth.

Quote:
Originally posted by: ElizabethBlessing

well, people at the age of forty are usually controlling and the know it all'
I ask they try loosen it a little' try being easy to relate to... thats if you are the man, be more attentive to the need of your lady and if you are the lady, try being more humble.
Sometimes it can be strange in this stage to find that person' but if you are ready be ready to make yourself available and not show the pity me face''' the lady's especially do.
we all mature at different levels in life some may be 40 years but still immature still others may be 2o or less but full of maturity hence what counts is not maturity but how we communicate are the lines of communication open? how do we relate? are we overly permissive or restrictive? they say age aint anything but a number and experience is not the best teacher though
That is very true.
maybe am remaining behind, but to be honest i'd rather date a woman of above 45. that's my choice.
People it i is said that life begins at 40, so i believe there are a number of good men n women at that age who can date and build a relationship. Dating - generally is an issue, even younger people have their own challenges. So the challenge is kind of generic. I know several couples who are dating at their 40s and they are in loooove just as the teenagers. So just be pessimistic and ask God to guide u, you will probably meet a man CLOSE to Mr. Right, as for me, i dont believe that Mr. Right exists - oya yaaaaa i am talking too much. Te he he heeee
True, Sweetie. One point of difference, 'mr. right' (or mr. perfect) may not exist, but a man that is right for you existsSmile

Quote:
Originally posted by: Sweetie John

People it i is said that life begins at 40, so i believe there are a number of good men n women at that age who can date and build a relationship. Dating - generally is an issue, even younger people have their own challenges. So the challenge is kind of generic. I know several couples who are dating at their 40s and they are in loooove just as the teenagers. So just be pessimistic and ask God to guide u, you will probably meet a man CLOSE to Mr. Right, as for me, i dont believe that Mr. Right exists - oya yaaaaa i am talking too much. Te he he heeee
Patience - very true i agree n i meant the same. Thanks. You see english is not my language ha ha Thanks dear
Age is just number, so dating at 40 is alright so long as you find your match.
THAT IS THE WRIGHT AGE .BUT THE QUESTION IS,HOW DO YOU GET THE SAME IN THOSE GROUPS
It is possible dating after 40 because after 40 they can manage themselves more than before 40 .If were to datting i will select 25-32 cos it depends on the interest of the individual